Sunday, January 1, 2006

New Years Resolutions

I will write in my blog every day. I may not have anything insightful or thought-provoking, but I will write something. I spend enough time sitting at my computer everyday that it should be cake to spend five minutes putting down a few thoughts.

My biggest problem is that I write beautifully in my head. I'm witty and have an excellent turn of phrase. But as soon as I try to type it out, it disappears. I have the same problem when it comes to drawing. I can see in my head exactly what my hand should do to make the picture appear, but put a pencil in my hand and the connection is bad -- the commands just can't get through from my head to my hand. So the masterpieces remain locked in my brain.

So on this first day of 2006 how about a few more resolutions.

1. I will not allow my kitchen table to be junked up. It is not a storage cabinet.
2. I will exercise at least twice a week, beginning as soon as the kids go back to school.
3. I will send a flyer around my neigborhood annoucing my photography business.
4. I will scrap two pages per week -- I'm only 9 years behind.

I think that's good enough for now.

No comments: