Wednesday, February 8, 2006

Miracle at the DMV

Although our DMV is now called the DDS (isn't that a dentist?) which apparently stands for Department of Driver Services and they wear sunny yellow polo's and khakis rather than the dreadful blue not-quite-police-uniform I remember from my last visit, which was about 5 years ago, since they now have an online renewal and address change system, which works great if your address is in the postal database, but if it's not then the DDS can't verify it as a real address and you have to go in anyway, which didn't really matter at this point since my license is lost somewhere in this house (as is my bank card, don't tell The Husband) so I had to go in anyway, after finding the required two forms of ID and a bill with my new address on it (the very reason I put the water bill in my name), of which they only asked for one form of ID and then took my word for the new address (so why didn't the online system work), but I did get a new picture since the old one was 10 years old and I updated my weight so it's only 40 lbs off (don't go there) and this time they wanted my fingerprint (not sure how I feel about that) and I decided again not to be an organ donor (I know, I know, selfish me) and re-registered to vote with the new address and I don't have to renew it for 10 years (here's hoping I don't loose it again, I have a terrible time keeping track of it, which I suppose wouldn't be a problem if I'd just leave it in my wallet and get over trying to get by without a purse)!

Oh and the miracle -- the whole thing took less than 10 minutes.

No comments: