Monday, March 6, 2006

Um. . . .

In a world that revolves on a dozen why do They sell hangers in a pack of 13? Don't They know this is going to bother me? Or maybe They do know and it's just Their way of messing with my already befuddled head.

I know there's such a thing as a bakers dozen (is that so there's one left for taste-testing?) but hangers are hard plastic - not at all food-like.

And the number 13 has such a bad reputation. It only ever seems to be associated with bad things, so buying 13 hangers (even though I'm not really a superstitious person) just seems wrong.

I know I'm crazy, but I'm sure you have your oddities too. So fess up. What bugs you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, from what I remember of my education, the extra one in the baker's dozen started in feudal europe as a means for the baker to avoid being excecuted for fraud / theft / whatever-you-want-to-call-it. Used to be scarry, now it's just quaint.

For myself, I dislike disorder.