Sunday, June 28, 2009

Summer Shocker

My kids have been out of school for a month. They return to school in six weeks.

Saturday while I was out filling prescriptions and grocery shopping I saw two things that really blew my mind.

First, Target has the school uniforms (you know, the khaki and blue pants and shorts and white collared shirts) prominently displayed. Second, Walmart has begun setting up the bins in the middle of the aisles that have all the most requested school supplies (pencils, pens, highlighters, glue sticks, crayons, etc.) Neither place has any signage that says anything about school, but the displays say it all.

2 comments:

April said...

WOW they go back early! I've heard of a few people I know with kids that start school Aug 3rd. We don't start till the 26th.

lelu said...

my heart just broke a little