Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Your Heart Belongs to Me by Dean Koontz

Your Heart Belongs to Me by Dean Koontz

I received this book for Christmas and read it while on vacation.

I first heard of the newest Dean Koontz novel when I saw the commercial . My first thought was, "I really hope the book is better than the commercial," followed closely by, "A commercial for a book? Not sure I've ever seen that before." (Have you?)

I was prepared for a fabulous read since Koontz's last several novels have been spectacular. I was a bit disappointed. The jacket text makes you think the main character is being haunted by the woman whose heart he received and that he fights hard to win back his girl. But in truth the plot is less suspenseful and far more tedious. At points it had the makings of a great suspense novel with a supernatural twist that at which Koontz is so masterful, but he choose the easier path and finished the book with a whimper.

No comments: