Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Black Ops by W.E.B Griffin

Griffin has written several series of novels, most revolving around the military world and I have read nearly all of them (never could get into the Honor Bound series), most more than once. Although filled with details and acronyms that can become confusing, and enough characters that you might need to keep track of them on a 3x5 card (thanks for the tip, Mrs. Houghton, world's greatest English teacher and master sentence diagram-er), each novel is filled with action and suspense.

Do I believe the military really runs this way? Um, I hope not. Do I enjoy the stories Griffin tells? Immensely. (Are you getting tired of this question-answer writing style? Me too.)

1 comment:

lelu said...

Meredith, I love your blog! Especially your book reviews. Did you ever get to read Jane Eyre? If not, I have a very tattered copy that you are welcome to borrow. LOVE that book! I have tried reading a Stuart Woods book before but couldn't get into it. I'll have give him another try. Looking forward to more book reviews!