Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Flirt by Kathleen Tessaro


Until I saw this book on the shelf at Target I had never heard of Kathleen Tessaro, but the vibrant red caught my attention and the simple title drew me to read the blurb on the back and the next thing I knew I was paying for it. (We'll have a discussion at a later date about books and covers and what "they" say.)
And after read the first chapter or two, I almost took it back. The number of times the F-word was used in those first few pages was more than I wanted to deal with. Really, I'm not a prude, but garbage-in-garbage-out, you know and since I'm trying to clean-up my language . . . . but then one of the kids stepped on it and crinkled the pages, so I read on, and the language in the book was only occasionally foul.
The story has a pretty original story-line, following a newly-hired professional flirt - rule #1 absolutely no physical contact. It was light and easy to read, the short chapters moved the story along quickly. Will it make my list of "fabulous books" that I share with others? Probably not.
Will I consider picking up the previous two of Tessaro's novels if I see them on clearance or find them at the library? Sure.


No comments: